What Is Mobile Deposit
Members can deposit checks to their checking account using our mobile banking app TouchBanking.
In order to make Mobile Deposits, members:
- Must be in good standing with the credit union
- Must be enrolled in Virtual Branch
- Must have installed the TouchBanking app on their smartphone
Mobile Deposit Limits
There is a daily limit of $5,000 for Mobile Deposit, regardless of the number of checks you deposit.
If your deposit is made before 3:00 p.m. on a business day, your check will be deposited to your account by 3:45 p.m. that same day. If your deposit is made after 3:00 p.m., or on a weekend or federal holiday, it will be deposited to your account by 3:45 p.m. on the next business day.
Normally, we make your entire deposit available for immediate withdrawal. If the deposit exceeds $1,000, we may hold your deposit for two business days following the day of the deposit. If we hold your deposit, we will make the first $200 of your deposit available for immediate withdrawal.
How To Use Mobile Deposit
- Log in to your account using our mobile banking app TouchBanking
- Select the Deposits option
- Select New Deposit
- If you have more than one checking account, select the checking account to receive the deposit
- Enter the amount of the check
- Select the Continue button
- Using the prompts on the screen, take a picture of the front of the check
- Select the Use Photo button (unless the image is not clear, then select the Retake button and repeat step 7)
- Using the prompts on the screen, take a picture of the back of the check
- Select the Use Photo button (unless the image is not clear, then select the Retake button and repeat step 9)
- Confirm the amount of your deposit by selecting the Yes button
Photo Tips For Mobile Deposit
- Endorse the back of the check before beginning
- Take the photo in a well lit area
- Place your check on a dark, flat surface
- Hold your phone directly above the check
- Make sure the entire check is within the frame on your phone
How To Endorse Your Check
Before depositing your check, endorse it as follows:
- On the first line, sign the check
- On the second line, put "For Deposit Only" and your Account Number
What To Do With The Check After Depositing It
After depositing a check, keep the check until you have verified that is has been deposited to your checking account. Once the check has been deposited to your checking account, you should destroy the check by shredding it. It is not recommended that you store the check after verifying that it has been deposited.